Hoki develops photo sites with a difference: the site is geared to location, and allows professional and amateur photographers to instantly post their photos for public consumption whilst earning income:
- Images taken on a SmartPhone – iPhone, Blackberry, Android phone etc are automatically geotagged and time-stamped.
- Many cameras now have geotagging built in and there are also devices and SD memory cards that provide the facility too. You can buy these from our shop.
- Albums on the site “GeoTaggable” so you can load your images into a location folder
- We have made tags also geotagged so for example if you search for ‘bishkek’ it knows that the Lat and Long are 42:52:23:N 74:36:01:E
- Guest: anyone can view any images.
- Registered User: also send e-cards, leave comments, buy prints
- Photographer: also create albums, upload/send photos
- Media Desk: also download print – ready photos
Photographers share in the revenue: they receive 60% of the price after tax. They can upload their images, or email, or MMS them and they are displayed within 2 minutes.
Media Desks (such as newspaper photo desks) have contracts and can download and use images subject to standard terms for single use and syndication.
Users can buy prints and email e-cards but cannot download un-watermarked pictures.